Welcome to the Privy Piano Parent blog, I'm glad you're here!
I love sharing ideas, tips, and insights with parents of creative students. As a parent, I am passionate about getting my own children to realize their potential. To find their passions. To find their voice in the world.
As a teacher, I want my students to discover this, too. I want to help you to inspire your child to become a life-long pianist, or artist, or dancer, or whatever talent that blooms in their heart.
I’ve been parenting and teaching for a while now ... well over twenty years. Let me help you get the most out of your investment in an arts education. To help you on your way, here’s some ideas I'll be sharing on this blog throughout the year.
- Getting Started: Everything you wanted to know and were afraid to ask about starting piano lessons.
- The Harmonic Refrain: Helping your student find balance.
- Practice: That dirty word.
- Relationships: Who's the boss?
- The Instrument: Choosing a Piano.
- Progress: It's not always a straight line.
- Ten Ways to Help Your Child Fall in Love with Music.
- Music Basics: Get the Beat, and more.
- What's in a Game, anyway?
- Grit: Character Development in Kids.
- It's Never too Late: What about You?
Go ahead, grab a cup of coffee, and read my most recent article!
Enjoy exploring, and please feel free to leave me a comment, suggest a blog topic, or send me an email. I'd love to hear from you!